AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects more than 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Junior Developer (for Students)
We are looking for an individual which is willing to learn new things from the scratch.
You will become a member of a small team taking care of and developing license backend for all Avast products thus being at the hearth of one of the company‘s most critical systems.
- help with developing high performance big scale back-end services
- work in multi-platform environment; our landscape is interesting and certainly not monolithic one
- consult and peer review your code with strong Scala / .NET community here in Avast
- participate in agile development life-cycle; we are not agile cargo cult, but we are agile
Required skills / knowledge:
- we do not expect any particular technology skill only some programming experience. Those coming from Scala / JVM or .NET would have an advantage
- active knowledge of English
- ability to work in a team
We are offering:
- interesting part-time job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, language lessons and much more
- the chance to join a major global tech company
- many opportunities for professional growth
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
Job location: Prague 4, Pikrtova 1A (remote work is not possible)
Type of contract: Part-time role (intern)
Starting date: ASAP
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your CV in English to our Recruiter or apply online.
Please note that we will only contact selected candidates.