Software Engineer, Backend
Location Labs By Avast is the leader in mobile consumer products that enhance the personal safety of millions of users. Acquired in 2016 by online security leader Avast, our services are used by millions of monthly paying subscribers worldwide. Our products provide a safer mobile experience for families by helping parents to locate, control and understand their children's mobile usage. Millions of subscribers across major tier-1 carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon count on our products everyday. Our engineers work closely with major device manufacturers, platform providers and network operators worldwide to provide cutting-edge solutions leveraging remote mobile device locator and management tools. Our company is redefining the market with a refreshing take on location services and the way in which mobile devices are managed. Check us out at https://www.locationlabs.com/careers
About this Role
Location Labs is looking for an experienced backend developer to build the next generation of our products. Join us as we scale our products to add millions of new users while simultaneously meeting some of the strictest SLAs around. You will help build and evolve our applications building on great technologies like Docker, Kafka, Riak and more.
What We're Looking from You
- You are passionate about the quality and performance of the applications you build with your team
- You are excited to build highly scalable and resilient services
- You take ownership over development and testing of your code
- You constantly incorporate new and creative technical solutions to improve your products
Tech We Use
- Backend: Java with Spring and Hibernate, or Python with Flask and SQLAlchemy
- Data: Percona, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka and Riak to flow and persist our data
- Infrastructure: Ansible, Docker and Nagios to keep our production systems running on our both our own machines and in AWS
- Metrics: Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana and Amplitude to help understand our users
- Continuous Integration: We use Jenkins to build our software and Crucible extensively for code review
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.