Avast is your place to innovate
We are looking for a systems administrator and systems engineer with deeper knowledge of networks and principles of operating systems. We require knowledge of some scripting language (preferably Python) and ability to provide problem solutions which scale to hundreds of servers. We are closely cooperating with Java developers on developing high performance server applications that are tied to OS and network resources running on globally distributed server clusters.
Your responsibilities will range from keeping millions of TCP sessions on one server, geo-load balancing hundreds of thousand queries per cluster, managing databases with terabytes of data, to identifying encrypted bit torrent traffic in TCP streams. We offer international traveling, flexible work environment and space for self-education.
The team is responsible for infrastructure from the initial server installation, network and storage configuration to HA design, application specific settings and monitoring. You will definitely not be bored!
You will be also responsible for:
- Maintenance of a Linux-based computing farm from OS to application level consisting of 100s of servers
- Troubleshooting of performance problems (especially ones that are hard to Google)
- Close cooperation with developers, in application development and its operation
- Writing scripts for automation and monitoring purposes
What we require:
- Deeper understanding of Linux OS (CentOS preferred)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols including HTTP and DNS
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting + basic knowledge of other scripting language (Python preferred)
- Basic knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra)
- Desire to learn new technologies and to solve various technical challenges
- Ability to cope with ever changing environment
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Spoken and written English
- Experience with CM tools (eg. Puppet, Ansible), virtualization (Xen, KVM) is a plus
- The minimum for this position is completed secondary education. A University degree in a technical area is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Atlassian Jira, Git
- Good understanding of network routing and VPN
- Experience with OpenVPN and IPSec is a plus
We are offering:
- Interesting job in an international team at a successful, growing company
- Space for self-improvement in the team of highly skilled colleagues
- Opportunity to influence the way the team works (we’re not tied up with unnecessary processes)
- Immediate and measurable influence on quality of Avast products
- Pleasant working environment
- Benefits (flexible working hours,company canteen, 5 weeks of vacation, sick days, cafeteria and trainings)
Sounds good? Let us know!