Quality Assurance Engineer
AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 230 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague, Czech Republic we are currently looking for a:
Quality Assurance Engineer
The main responsibility is to assure quality of our mobile products. Our quality assurance department is focused on preventing problems early in the development process by influencing the whole product lifecycle. Based on risk analysis, we use broad range of tools to verify quality and monitor product health after it’s released to users. Our approach is to put Software Development Engineers in Test equal to Software Developers. It’s rather a role in a product development team than a job in a dedicated quality control department. QA Engineer participate on all decisions made by product teams.
We expect innovative approach and enthusiasm to continuously learn new technologies. You will become a part of a growing team; from ideal candidate we are expecting innovation and ability to bring new perspectives, ideas and experience.
- Participation in all phases of Product Lifecycle (as needed). Testing complex security & functions with applications on multiple platforms. Review new requirements and design new test scenarios and scripts. Create, review and maintain a test strategy (or its part).
- Development of testing support tools and test automation in a chosen language (eg Python, Java) - functional, stress, regression and acceptance tests.
- Bug reporting and verification, ensure quality of products for customer usability.
- Performance of other small tasks based on instructions.
- Min of secondary education, University degree in a technical area is an advantage.
- Active fluent English - CEFR B2.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Hard skills
- Good knowledge of Software Quality Assurance approaches - previous experience with white box or black box testing is required. Experience with bug reporting.
- Programing skills (Python or Java SE, version control: Git) - we are not looking for programmers as most of our tests are a short scripts however a strong programming abilities will be an advantage.
- Experience with using Android Studio, Android SDK tools (Logcat, monitor, adb) or Xcode and continuous integration systems.
- Basic experience with Android or iOS development (be able to develop small apps for testing purposes and understand source code).
- Ability to work with RESTful services, JSON and XML formats.
- Basic knowledge of networking, network security and server configurations.
- Soft skills
- Sense for non-technical language.
- Be able to communicate in product development team.
- Experience in B2C product development.
- Proactive and inovative approach, look for solutions by yourself.
- Be able to work without documentation.
- Be able to develop testing strategy.
- Knowledge of:
- Appium, Genymotion API.
- Docker, Virtualization (XEN, VirtualBox).
- Setting up environment for automate mobile (Android) testing.
We are offering:
- Interesting job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!