Avast ( www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects tens of millions of mobile devices every day and is going to be even bigger in other mobile areas.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, Avast employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our newly created team in Taipei, Taiwan we are currently looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Android developers to join our talented engineering team to help us build world-class powerfull apps for Android that are used by tens of millions of end customers. You will be responsible for helping create, maintain, and evolve cutting-edge Android apps using the latest tools available.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for developers who enjoy development of smartphone apps and who believe it has a great future.
- We are looking for people who want much more out of work than just sitting 8 hours and collecting a paycheck.
- We are looking for colleagues who are compatible with us on a human level and who will teach us something new.
- We are looking for enthusiasts of smartphones, tablets, as well as other new and interesting technologies (such as Google Glass, iBeacon, smartwatch, and Internet of Things in general).
- We are looking for talented developers who know (or would like to learn) development for iOS, Android or Windows Phone.
What we offer
- You will be part of the whole process of complex smartphone apps development. Beginning with analysis, through interaction design and technical architecture, all the way to development, release and updating.
- You will be on a global team of great developers with years of experience in smartphone apps development.
- Your work will be used by more than 50 million active users all around the world.
- You will be able to be yourself, not just a "resource".
What you’ll get from us:
- an unique opportunity to make a huge personal impact on our products
- a team full of motivated people with years of experience in Android development (we learn from each other and move forward together), often giving speeches at conferences or developers’ events
- 15 days of paid holiday, language courses, trainings
- 3 weeks long initial training in Avast HQ in Prague, Czech Republic
- fun at work (regular hackathons, great team building ...)
What we require
- Good understanding of user experience on mobile devices
- At least 4 years of professional experience developing applications with object oriented or functional languages including at least 2 years in Android app development
- Ability to demonstrate one or more existing Android apps that you were instrumental in building
- Strong understanding of good object-oriented development practices
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies; self-starter
- Good communication skills; ability to provide clear documentation
- Ability to work with Product Management, QA, and other development teams remotely
- Analytical and adept at problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Ability to speak and write in English