Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices e.g. in the USA, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands or Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
Do you feel like building a system that handles over 5000 requests per second and is used by 400+ million users around the world? Are you tired of enterprise technologies and want to try something fresh?
Then we might have something for you!
You will become a member of a small team taking care of and developing license backend for all Avast products thus being the heart of one of the company‘s most critical systems.
What you will do:
- Develop high performance big scale back-end services
- Work in multi-platform environment; our landscape is interesting and certainly not monolithic one. This means often crossing boundaries outside of Scala / JVM / linux.
- Making significant non-trivial and long-lived decisions; taking part in what the future solutions will look like. Our developers enjoy a great deal of autonomy and so will you.
- Consult and peer review your code with strong Scala community here at Avast
- participate in agile development life-cycle; we are not agile cargo cult, but we are agile.
What we need:
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience with programming in Scala
- Communicative English
- Experience with the following is huge advantage:
- non-blocking I/O programming (Futures)
- Cassandra, PostgreSQL
- Gradle (build tool)
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!