Senior Java/Scala Developer
Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices e.g. in the USA, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands or Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
Whether you are scala expert or want to go from java or scala, this is a great opportunity to delve deep into the server part behind all Avast and AVG products.
What you will do:
- Server components development in the Java programming language
- Code and modules documentation (either commenting or external documentation)
- Participation in interface design as needed
- Development of support tools in any chosen language (bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Work with other team members (e.g. code reviews)
- Creating testing tools (unit testing, stress testing, etc.)
- Statistical testing of methods prior to implementing
- Other small tasks execution based on instructions
What we need:
- At least 5 years experience in programming + at least 3 years of experience programming in Java
- Very good knowledge of Java or Scala
- Experience with high-performance servers
- Ability to do common configuration and tuning of Linux servers
- Experience with debugging of your own but also foreign code; the ability to debug code in a production environment
- Active knowledge of English
- Ability to work in a team
- Min of secondary education, University degree in a technical area is an advantage
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!