Senior Data Analyst
Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices e.g. in the USA, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands or Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
Senior Data Analyst
Avast is looking for an experienced analytics professional & manager with superior data mining and modeling skills to join the dynamic mobile marketing team. This role offers a unique opportunity to drive growth and implement a CRM/Big Data analytics initiative for a 180M+ strong user base to augment customer lifetime value. The holder of the position will provide analytical expertise relating to business analysis, data exploration, customer segmentation, business case modeling, revenue forecasting, dashboard creation and insights generation. The successful candidate will be results-driven and customer-focused team player with the ability to combine attention to details with both tactical and strategic thinking.
- Own the BI Mobile roadmap. Set roadmap with BI sponsors and ensure data intelligence specific to mobile is accurately tracked against the corporate KPI’s.
- Create a reporting infrastructure that serves every level of the mobile product and business organization. The infrastructure scales so that Executive level to specialist can get value out of the business KPI’s.
- Own mobile analytics through data intelligence briefs to the product managers. Including key recommendations around configuration & system of record.
- Setup and executed A/B testing for flagship mobile products. Review results with key members of product management to ensure roadmap is aligned to results.
- Create a reliable forecasting models for the Direct to Consumer Mobile business across three separate mobile channels.
- Own the forecasts for the Direct to Consumer Mobile business. Quickly adapt to a fast-paced international business environment and build up relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Lead process improvement, challenging the status quo, and provide thought leadership on best practices related to testing, optimization and reporting
- Become a trusted advisor in the areas of customer acquisition and retention strategy, web and/or mobile campaign management, and product instrumentation and new feature development
- Constant self starter and problem solver. Tackles major business problems such as retention, forecasting and new product opportunity with custom data driven models.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with Sr Management.
- Stays up to date on market trends and transactions. Able to input market factors into business models to ensure accuracy of output.
- Ability to work across and include new data systems of record into workload. This includes but is not limited to: web analytics, databases (cubes, SQL), paid media/revenue tracking via advertising/publishers.
- University degree in economics, statistics, marketing or related discipline; MBA or equivalent preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in online marketing, telecom, research, consulting or similar
- Highly analytical mindset, solid quantitative skills and proven commercial orientation
- Excellent problem solving ability with emphasis on drawing inferences from data and summarizing and communicating results clearly and concisely
- Superior modeling skills with advanced Excel including complex functions
- Proven experience working with large data sets; proficiency in SQL and/or related programming languages
- Solid understanding of key statistical concepts; in-depth knowledge of major statistical software package such as SAS or SPSS
- Hands-on experience with Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics or similar web analytics platforms
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) and comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-performance international environment
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!