Product Manager, Avast Business
AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
The primary focus of Product Management is to maximize sales revenues, market share, and profit margins for all Avast Business.
Product Management is the central interface for Global Sales, Marketing, Technical Support, Finance, Engineering as well as Avast partners, responsible for delivering overall product vision, strategy, execution and success measurements.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Discover and develop valuable and profitable product opportunities for SMB products to be sold to MSPs, IT Resellers and direct Business channels.
- Facilitate and coordinate idea generation and input from various internal and external stakeholders as well as team members within the SMB business unit.
- Develop deep customer insights and a business knowledge that thoroughly understands MSP as well SMB customer needs. Continuously deepen that knowledge to formulate new, valuable product opportunities.
- Gather product requirements and produce effective product requirement documents based on quantitative and qualitative customer behaviour, feedback and other market trends.
- Coordinate with user experience and technology teams to execute the product development as per defined timelines to meet business goals.
- Coordinate with various global sales, marketing, customer support, finance and project management teams to develop a successful launch plan.
- Coordinate with global sales and marketing to develop compelling product/service internal and external product/service messaging.
- Coordinate with Business Development the initiation new and manage existing OEM partner relationships.
- Track and monitor overall product performance in addition to ensuring measurement on specific project initiatives including ongoing revenues and ROI.
- Host and lead SMB partner focus groups for product, market and process for feedback.
- Effective prioritization of time to ensure feedback and receiving appropriate support is provided to all global colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Leadership qualities that drive initiatives and results forward
- Effectively prioritize features, functions and defects based on customer and market impact
- Develop concise messaging, requirement descriptions, use cases and business cases to assist Marketing, Sales and Engineering in the execution of their duties
- You will clearly articulate and present your vison, strategic priorities and market analytics to your colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- You will be an expert in developing strong relationships with your colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- You will be comfortable prioritising your workload to ensure key actions are completed quickly and expectations are managed
- You will be able to write a professional emails using good spelling and grammar
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience / Education:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- 3-5 years’ product management experience, ideally channel or industry (MSP/RMM)
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and self-starter
Key performance indicators:
- Increasing number, frequency, and size of market share through product adoption and financial trend analysis
- Increasing customer satisfaction and retention
- On-time delivery of market analysis, financial forecast and requirements related to Business products and services release schedules
Financial impact of the role:
- Driving revenue through sales and account retention
- Driving revenue through competitive disruption and differentiation
- Develop and revise competitive market pricing for each SMB product and service
We are committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.