Sr. Cloud Developer
AVAST Software ( www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
- Design, estimate, implement, and unit test software to meet product requirements
- Responsible for completion of development tasks on time and per requirements and quality criteria
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve defects
- Work closely with QA & Product Management throughout development life cycle
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews
- Set high work standard and act as role model for others to follow
- Develop design and feature documentation
- Review Product Test Plans and Specifications
- Research and present on latest Development trends, technology and methodologies
- 6-8+ years of cloud/web development experience
- Solid experience in most of the following areas is required:
- distributed computing, creating scalable and highly available products
- Web services, XML
- Web UI development
- Object Oriented Design
- Network programming and network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and related technologies
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high demand and changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outspoken, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Considered an asset:
- experience developing software in C#, .NET, ASP.NET and MVC frameworks
- Windows environment:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Internet Information Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
We are committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.