Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices e.g. in the UK, USA, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands or Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in London we are currently looking for:
PR Senior Specialist
You will cover corporate communications, consumer and B2B communications, and content creation to manage and maintain the great reputation of the company externally. You will be focused on the UK and France as core markets, with responsibility to support activity in Western European markets as well. You will be responsible for managing and executing independently the day to day PR program in these markets and reporting on results in line with performance goals.
What you will do:
- Support and execute against a proactive regional PR plan for the company that aligns closely with marketing, social and customer care outreach programs in order to reinforce brand vision, values and positioning.
- Raise awareness of the Avast brand in the UK and maintain/grow AVG brand awareness at the same time.
- Raise awareness of the AVG brand in France and maintain/grown Avast brand awareness at the same time.
- Support local activities including events and announcements in other Western European markets.
- Provide guidance and advice to UK, French and other regional spokespeople to support their involvement in PR activities including speaking opportunities, media training and engagements, events participation, analyst relations and written content development.
- Work closely with the UK and French PR agencies to implement smart, effective PR campaigns and activities.
- Learn the business and the products for both Avast and AVG.
- Coordinate closely with other PR team and social team members to ensure collaborate on shared efforts and understand what is happening across communications more widely.
- Measure and evaluate impact and success of all PR activities on an ongoing basis, reporting back to executive team on brand awareness and share of voice metrics.
What we need:
- Creative, driven, organized and calm personality
- Ability to act effectively under pressure
- Excellent team player
- Strong communications skills: articulate and able to produce high quality copy
- UK or European PR experience within an in-house or agency environment required; either technology or consumer PR specialism an advantage
- Educated to degree level; English/language or specialist marketing/PR/communications preferred
- Knowledge of other languages e.g. French, desirable. English should be a high standard if a second language
- Knowledge of the security and mobile industries preferred
- Ability to work at all levels across the business including more senior executives
- A genuine desire to make a difference within a growing organization and tackle a clear set of goals for the aforementioned markets
- Proven understanding of media and analyst relations, and existing relationships with key influencers
- Social media experience is an advantage
What we offer:
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
- Cool offices in central London (110 High Holborn, London, WC1V, UK)
- Attractive pension & health insurance plan
- 25 days of holiday
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!