Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices e.g. in the USA, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands or Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
(freelance, 30hrs weekly)
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with an interest in web-building and web development. Must have the ability to see things through from concept to final execution, and love to have their work fully realized.
The Web Developer will assist in developing and coding web pages, emails and in -product messages for the SMB segment of Avast.com and other web portfolios.
In addition to managing revisions, this person will also work closely with technical, business, ecommerce and marketing members of our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate would have experience with working in a web production environment with strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Coordinate with project managers to gather all information required to build and code web pages.
- Work closely with project managers to facilitate creation of web pages through all lifecycles, UX, design, copy and coding stages.
- Code HTML emails.
- Working across web teams, maintain and develop the content calendar for all web properties.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to code HTML emails (Foundation for Emails is a plus)
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills a plus.
- Knowledge of content management or content creation systems a plus.
- Communicative English is necessary.
What we offer:
- Part-time (30 hrs weekly) freelancing opportunity with Avast for 6 months
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library and much more
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!