Quality Assurance Intern - Mobile
Czech republic - Prague
AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the worlds most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages. Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
Quality Assurance Intern - Mobile
The main responsibility is to assure quality of our mobile products. Our quality assurance department is focused on preventing problems early in the development process by influencing the whole product
lifecycle. Based on risk analysis, we use broad range of tools to verify quality and monitor product health after it’s released to users. Our approach is to put QA Engineers equal to Software Developers. It’s rather a role in a product development team than a job in a dedicated quality control department. QA Engineer participates on all decisions made by the product team.
- Participation in all phases of Product Lifecycle (as needed). Testing complex security & functions with applications on multiple platforms. Review new requirements and design new
- test scenarios and scripts. Create, review and maintain a test strategy (or its part).
- Development of testing support tools and test automation in a chosen language (eg Python, Java) - functional, stress, regression and acceptance tests.
- Bug reporting and verification, ensure quality of products for customer usability.
- Performance of other small tasks based on instructions.
What we need:
- We expect innovative approach and enthusiasm to continuously learn new technologies. You will become a part of a growing team; from an ideal candidate we are expecting innovation and ability to bring new perspectives, ideas and experience.
- Hard skills:
- Basic programing skills - we are not looking for programmers as most of our tests are a short scripts. We use Python and Java, knowledge of these languages can be acquired in progress.
- User experience with Android or iOS.
- Soft skills
- Active fluent English - CEFR B2.
- Ability to work indeendently
- Sense for non-technical language.
- Be able to communicate in product development team.
- Proactive and inovative approach, look for solutions by yourself.
- Be able to work without documentation.
- Be able to develop testing strategy.
Nice to have:
- Experience with black box and white box testing (including bug reporting).
- Experience with using APIs, Linux and MacOS configuration.
- Knowledge of:
- Android SDK tools (adb).
- Virtualization (XEN, VirtualBox).
- CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Setting up environment for automate mobile (Android) testing.
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio,fitness center, golf simulator, library, language lessons and much more
- MultiSport Card, free language courses
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!