Copywriter - Mobile
AVAST Software ( www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
Copywriter – Mobile
Are you a Prague-based copywriter interested in mobile apps, games, or technology? Then we’d love to hear from you. We’re seeking an experienced copywriter for our Mobile team, who’ll ‘own’ everything mobile — the sort of person who’s already busy downloading one of our apps right now, to see what they would improve.
You’ll need to follow our brand tone of voice, be ruthless with your copy (space matters), meticulous when it comes to grammar, and have a hands-on approach to copywriting (understanding the user flow and mind set is a big part of the game).
The ideal candidate must have a passion for writing, aesthetic sense, and proven copywriting experience. If that sounds like you, let us know!
● Writing in-product copy that simplifies and improves the user experience
● Writing persuasive in-product advertising copy
● Regularly testing our apps and that of our competitors
● Working closely with graphic designers
● Keeping a consistent tone that matches our brand (in cooperation with our house copywriter)
● Interacting with the marketing, product, and sales teams to understand the business objectives, target audience, and benefits of our products
Required skills / knowledge:
● A native speaker of English, preferably American
● Advertising agency experience or in-house copywriting experience in the tech field is a great asset
● A sense for design: understand flows and space limitations
● A degree in journalism, English, or a related field
● Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills
● Experience in technical writing a plus
● A solid understanding of marketing, advertising, and content strategy principles
What we offer:
● Great job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
● Excellent working environment
● Benefits (flexible working hours, meal all day provided by company, relax zone, kids room, recording studio, own fitness center, golf simulator, 5 weeks of vacation, sick days, language courses, trainings, pension insurance, possibility to travel, team buildings and lots of fun!)